Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 30 June 2013

Krishan Drakkar Noir


http://www.myqigong.de/bilder/produkte/gross/Raeucherstaebchen-Drakkar-Noir-von-Krishan.jpg 


Krishan Products were founded in 1951, and claim to be India's leading manufacturer and exporter of premium quality incense sticks. They do a range of fruit and other standard scents. I think I bought this quite cheaply from a market stall in Gillingham, though it's also available on the internet really cheaply - an eBay seller is offering 6 mixed Krishan packs for £4.99, including postage. I think that's the same offer I got from the market stall: six boxes for £5. 

Drakkar Noir is a successful male perfume from the 1980s, which is still available on the internet. The aroma on the stick is bergamont and pine with wood and citric notes. The stick is hand-rolled with a charcoal based paste. These aromas are also present when the stick is burned - though are less apparent. However, the overall impression is of a warm, pleasant and sensual aroma. The scent is a little harsh and synthetic in places, but - given the price - this is a decent value, pleasant and inoffensive incense. I like it. Given that I liked the other Krishan incenses, I think I might look into that eBay offer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: