Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 7 September 2013

Wild Berry




Wild Berry incense are an American incense company that is starting to make an appearance in the UK. The company started as a shop in Ohio in 1971 selling a range of hand made goods, but it was the incense that was attracting attention, so in 1992 the company worked out a marketing deal that spread it across America, and now to other countries around the world. The company produces a vast and ever increasing range of fragrances with names such as Candy Cane, Baking Brownies, Misty Mountain, and Pounding Surf. The sticks are sold loose from jars with no way of identifying which scent you have  bought, other than the vague colour dye on the sticks. Personally I like a bit of packaging, and some way of identifying the scent I have bought so I can buy it again if I like it., but there you go...

Wild Berry website:  wild-berry.com


Reviews


Wild Berry sticks


I bought a mix pack of five from eBay for £1.50, which is a little expensive. I know there's a junk shop in my High Street (Rochester) which also sells them, so I might have got them cheaper there. Except, the junk shop really is a junk shop - it's rather smelly and scruffy, and run by odd people, so going in there isn't a pleasant experience.

The sticks are very long, with a longer than average handle area. I find such long handles a bit of a nuisance, as I have a dragon incense burner, and long sticks tend to both droop, and extend beyond the ash carrier, so I have to break off at least half of the handle. The sticks tend to smell of apple and cinnamon - there are other aroma notes as well: toffee, honey, spiced fruit, polish, etc - but the signature aroma is apple and cinnamon. There is a muddy brown masala fragrance powder mix on a charcoal base, and it looks as though the stick has then been dipped in a fragrance oil.

The company claim that the burning aroma is the same as the stick aroma, but I'm not finding that to be the case. On the stick the aroma feels mainly natural - though with furniture polish notes that hint at synthetic perfume. When burned, synthetic notes come to the fore, and the smell is like stale cheap perfume and aerosol room freshener. I burned all five with little significant difference between the aromas when they were burned. They are not top quality, and are not for me, but I'm pleased I tried them.

Date: Sept 2013   Score: 20



Wild Berry Shorties
Fairy Dust
 
Score: 23 


  
Score: 23 
Reviews: 5 
High score: 23 
Low score: 15  
Average:  20 

Conclusion: Similar to Juicy Jay's - own brand perfumed incense that smells good on the sticks, but doesn't burn well. 
***

Own Brand / Private Label


Incense by Country


Fruit Fragrances
That'll Make You Drool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: