Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 25 April 2014

Goloka Nagchampa Agarbathi

Second review - scroll down for earlier


I like halmaddi resin, but it comes after frankincense, after myrrh and after amber. I like its rich earthiness, and the evocative almost sexual sense of sweat in a rough wool. But too much of that is also slightly off-putting, almost nauseating. And just a teeny bit too much in an incense and it catches in my mouth, snaps at my throat, and smarts in my eyes. It is probably the most powerful of the resins - and some love it for what it does to them. Here, I find its use is just too much for my personal comfort. I have grown particularly sensitive to halmaddi, and though I like it, it doesn't always like me. As I'm burning thus incense, the halmaddi is burning my eyes, biting and bruising my throat, and making me feel a little queasy. I like the seductive warmth of the scent, with it's sweet tones of nag
champa, but I don't like the impact it's having on me.


Date: May 2015   Score: 35



First review

Warm and seductive with the sweet, perfumed, woolly, slightly greasy and sweaty aroma of nag champa. There's a pleasant sandalwood quality about this, keeping the sweetness of the nag champa aroma in balance, so it doesn't become too cloying. There's a nice biting acidity, which keeps the aroma fresh, and also heightens the senses, so this incense booth soothes and excites. Top quality incense. And one of the best nag champas - as appropriate for the second best selling nag champa brand.


Date: April 2014   Score: 45
***



Goloka


3 comments:

  1. I recently posted a review for this incense and I find Goloka Nag champa better than satya’s nag champa and I don’t know why satya’s is hyped up. Do you know the reason why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's generally the first Nag Champa, indeed the first masala incense, that many people encounter. So it's their first love. And after the first love there is no other.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: