Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 19 January 2015

HEM Cherry Vanilla




I quite like this. The scent is similar to cherry sweets, with added interest from the vanilla notes. It all smells quite artificial, but quite pleasant nonetheless. I would be happy to buy this again. I have been quite harsh on Hem products in the past. I started off with some aromas I didn't like, and that damned Hem for me. But they are no different, really, to the bulk of Indian incense stick makers. The sticks are crudely rolled, but so are most Indian sticks. The rolling is done by teams of women across India, and the results can be haphazard. On some of the premium products, where the company wants to make an impression, they will have higher demands, and will use more experienced and better quality rollers, but for the average stick, the results are fairly random. Most Indian stick incense is dipped in a created scent.  Each company is establishing its name from the quality of the scent it makes inhouse. Most of the money and training is devoted to the chemists who create the scents. Hem will be using the same methods and same ingredients as the majority of the other perfume-dipped incense companies. The exact blends will differ, but the methods and skills will largely be the same. Some scents will be enjoyable, and some will not. Most of Hem's scents I don't like, but some I do. This one I like.

Jan 2015 - Score: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: