Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 14 March 2015

Aargee Patchouli tube series (discontinued)



I like patchouli - for a while, when I was a young hippy, it was my favourite scent, and I used to wear patchouli oil every day. So any patchouli incense is going to be liked by me. This is a basic everyday incense made for Aargee by an unnamed Indian incense company. Hand rolled from charcoal paste onto sticks and then perfume dipped, they are of an acceptable everyday quality.  The scent can gently fill a room, and is warm, sensual, musky and woody. At times there is more of the base paste than the perfume, and the smoke can incline to being dry and irritating, but for the warmth they quickly give a room, and that the scent pleasantly lingers, I find these an attractive and useful scent. They come in a round tube, which I like. It's probably my favourite packaging method.

Date: March 2015  Score: 33

Note: The British importer Aargee commissions a number of Indian incense makers to make incense for them under a variety of brand names and styles.  The Argee tube series, which are of basic scents - machine dipped, very heady and flowery, packaged in retro tubes with colourful, old fashioned wrappings, are by Mysore Sugandhi.

***

Ratings of other incense by Aargee

Vintage Incense
(Incense brand
not currently available)

Patchouli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: