Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 30 May 2015

Happy Hari's Nag Champa Gold


Second review - scroll down for earlier

I found a new Nag Champa Gold, so I got out my old Happy Hari packet to compare. There was just one stick left, so I didn't burn it for long - just long enough for the three of us to do a compare and contrast. We liked the new one, and could see the similarities, but all of us felt that Happy Hari's Gold was the sweeter and more divine. I think, though, that the extra sweetness may be due to the extra aging. Or it may be due to different type or quality of ingredients on the day. Whatever the reason, I found myself missing the old Happy Hari Gold. The scent is like condensed milk. And I love condensed milk. I also found it less irritating than I have done in the past.

The new Nag Champa Gold: The Indian Connection Nag Champa Gold


Date: Dec 2017   Score: 38



First review

A traditional masala incense made with halmaddi and gold sprinkles.  Made in India for the Happy Hari brand, which was owned by Paul Eagle who ran Small Happy Eagle, a London based alternative lifestyle business, founded in 1992, which sold a range of traditional masala incenses online. The business closed down at the end of 2016.

The original Happy Hari Gold

This is softer and less heady than The Mother's India Fragrance Nag Champa, and also a little lighter than Goloka's Nagchampa, but it still has enough halmaddi to dry out my eyes and make me feel uncomfortable. The scent is a warm soft creamy sandalwood, and is very pleasant. It is probably the most likeable Nag Champa after Satya. It is such a shame I have an adverse reaction to the halmaddi resin - or that some of the more interesting incenses make such use of it. Ah well.

Date: May 2015  Score: 35


***

Nag Champa

Happy Hari Incense


11 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, thanks for the review, it is a shame you're so averse to halmaddi as I think it's what makes a Nag Champa but please come and check out all my other amazing incenses at my website, or send me an email and I'll be HAPPY to send you some more samples to try. I think you'll love my Oud Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Happy Hari, I'll do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, Happy (Hari) New Year :)
      I hope you're well and still sniffing out the best incenses the world has to offer :) but I never did hear back from you so please drop me a line with your postal address to my email address - info@hapyhariincense.com - so I can send you some more fragrant samples to try.
      Many thanks and Olfactory Blessings
      Paul ~ Happy Hari ~ Eagle

      Delete
  3. Hi Paul

    I did respond, but the messages mustn't have got through. I just tried again using info@hapyhariincense.com, and it bounced right back.

    My address is:

    2 Church Road Southampton SO19 9FS

    Cheers, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve, my mistake (typo) there are two p's in happy haha
    it's info@happyhariincense.com
    No problem, thanks for your address, I'll get some samples out to you today
    Best
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samples have arrived safely! I will be reviewing them shortly.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steve, please send me an email though so I can contact you directly
    it's info@happyhariincense.com
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Steve, i've not heard from you in a while so I hope all is well and looking forward to your reviews of my other fine fragrances - please send me your email so we can message in private - I'm info@happyhariincense.com - cheers, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paul! I've not forgotten you or your lovely fragrances, it's just that I've been occupied with other things for a while, and mostly only burning incense I've already reviewed or had little interest in reviewing.

    I did buy some indoor incense that was nearly half a metre long the other day with the intention of reviewing it, but (as I suspected all along) it turned out to be fairly boring!

    Stay in touch!

    Warm regards, Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow just found the blog . March 9th 2023 after doing a deep dive over satya nag champa and the original smells of the years gone by , I was able to find sellers of the happi harry gold insence , I’m yearning for that old school smell , so sad to here about the creators departure from this planet xxx, I have multiple packs inbound now , but now want to try others , ps there’s a great Reddit group discussing insence etc metta friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I assume you are talking about www.reddit.com/r/Incense
      . Yes, that is a useful place to gather and to share information

      Delete

Please leave a comment: