Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 30 January 2016

Ancient Wisdom Cinnamon Orange




The full name is Sensually Shaped Evocatively Scented Incense Cinnamon Orange. Quite a mouthful!

Reviewing Juicy Jay's Thai Incense Sticks earlier today made me look through my incense collection to see what Thailand incense I may have not yet burned. I found this pack of Ancient Wisdom cinnamon incense moulded in cute star shapes. I don't like Ancient Wisdom, and resolved some time ago not to buy any more, so I must have had these for some time. The packet was sealed airtight and does have an attractive candy and cinnamon aroma. The shape is a little unusual. I decided to place it upright on a dhoop stick holder and ignite one of the star points. I should imagine it is also possible to lay it down, and perhaps light all five star points. The aroma is mildly pleasant, though the cinnamon quality is overwhelmed by the base material, and it soon smells like sawdust and assorted organic material rather than anything more refined or interesting. So, initially interesting and promising, but ultimately rather dull  - just like all the other Ancient Wisdom products I've tried.


Date: Jan 2016   Score: 20
***



Fruit Fragrances
That'll Make You Drool

Ancient Wisdom

Incense by Country

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the informative and so nicely written reviews!
    Regarding Thai incenses, I have found very interesting ones made by Thania. Apparently the maker is tiny and they do not make anything in large amounts, but there are at least two shops in Thailand, as well as occassional sales around the world. If you happen to see their incenses I highly recommend them! There are only three smells: Vanilla, Jasmine and Thai floral one. Thai Floral one is a bit off by my taste but the remaining two are the masterpieces of smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that JK, I will keep a look out for Thania incense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't come across any incense by Thania. If anyone does know of where I can get some, or contact details for Thania, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: