Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 25 February 2017

Bhagvati Ppure Nagchampa Nirvana




These are proper job masala sticks, 15gm for only £1.29 - imported by Sifcon International, a name that rings a bell, but I can't pin it down to a product (I have it now; they commission a variety pack Enchanting Bouquet). They are a wholesalers, so don't deal with the public direct. I can't remember where I bought them, but it would have been from a shop, as they have a price sticker. These are a good price for proper job masala - if I could remember where I got them I'd like to go see what else they have. Update: I got it from my local hardware shop. I have now bought all the others they had of the range.



Ok, but lets not get too excited. Bargain price they might be for a proper job masala, but the scent is not hugely favourite. On the stick it smells a bit of diesel mixed with wax polish, shoe polish, and a hint of warm, damp lambs wool.  On burning the scent is quite light, and does not evoke any mood. It's all a bit neutral and meh.

The company is Bhagvati, who started in 2001, and more recently moved into the premium market with this Ppure range of masala incense. They clearly want some of the success of Satya and the entire Ppure range is called Nagchampa regardless of the actual fragrance,  and they use the name of Satya Sai Baba on the boxes,  with a hologram seal. All of which appears to me to be an attempt to make folks think at first glance that this is a Satya product. Or am I being too cynical?

Anyway, the stick is nicely slow burning, and does introduce a  slightly sandalwood, slightly cedarwood warmth into the room. This is an OK product - it's just that I'm not overwhelmed by the scent. However, I would be interested in exploring more of this range.

Date: Feb 2017  Score: 30
***

Bhagvati Products (Ppure)


3 comments:

  1. Hey. I've seen in the picture that you also got the Nag Champa Amber but there is no review about it. Do you remember how you liked it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a rummage in my supply see if I still have it. And if I do, I'll post a review.

      Delete
    2. Cool, thank you.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: