Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Sunday 19 February 2017

Goloka Nature's Parijatha




Oooh, this has a nostalgic note. Open the box and a lovely fresh fragrance comes out, with distinct hints of tangerine among the summer flower petals. It's a lively, invigorating aroma spiked with sharp lemony-tinged civet and jasmine. Quite floral, but in a fresh citric manner.  On burning the base sandalwood notes come in providing a warm base for the citric floral higher notes. Parijatha is sometimes written parijata, and is a night-scented jasmine, which has significance in Hindu mythology as the sacred tree of life.

On the whole this is a warm fragrance, which grounds a room, but in an invigorating manner. Great as a scent any time.


Date: Feb 2017  Score: 35
***

Goloka


Best jasmine incense



2 comments:

  1. https://ratnagandh.wordpress.com/2024/01/13/goloka-parijatha/. My goloka parijatha pack is different then the one you have. It’s still my favorite incense.i bit the 100g incense for cheap, it costs 160 rs which is 1.5 pounds. Did not get the civet note in it but still will try it again if it has that civet note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people have told me that Goloka has not been so good recently, and there are rumours that they no longer make the incense themselves. I haven't bought a box for several years as I have Goloka boxes which I haven't reviewed yet. I reckon it's going to be at least two years of solid work on my backlog before I can consider getting a fresh pack of Goloka to see how they are these days.

      Delete

Please leave a comment: