Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Bintang Cemerlang Tahio J1368 Jasmine Coil




I bought this box of coils ages ago. They are made by Bintang Cemerlang of Indonesia, a company started by one man, "Mr Andi", in 1998, and by now they have over 200 employers, and are claiming to be the largest Chinese incense company in Indonesia. They are imported into the UK by Ancient Wisdom, They are attractively packaged, and the box did come with a coil holder, but I have lost that, so I rigged up my own coil incense burner.

I do remember when I first got these coils I was delighted with the novelty of them, but the reality is that they are very fiddly, and the coils do break, so when the novelty wears off they become a bit of a nuisance. At that point it is the quality of the incense that really matters, and to be honest the quality is fairly basic. There is a mild jasmine scent mixed in with the base organic burning material, which appears to be cheap sandalwood powder. For those who like the earthy aroma of burning dried cow dung, then these will be fine. They reminded me of some of the cheaper Tibetan incense that is available, and there is a market for such stuff, but it's not for me. They may be useful for throwing on a bonfire come Guy Fawkes Night, but are a little crude for indoor burning.


Date: Mar 2017  Score: 16



Incense by Country

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: