Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Tuesday 11 July 2017

One Aromatics Frankincense



This is smoky, crude and unpleasant. The smoke is harsh and irritating with no sense of frankincense, indeed, no sense of any quality aromatics. There is a crude earthiness, similar to the herbal Tibetan incenses, so what you smell is burning dried organic material. It's like burning dried nettle leaves. There is a degree of irritation to the eyes and throat.  If you're the sort of person who likes the rough earthiness of Tibetan incense, this may be for you. But it's not my thing at all.  I am curious that there is no sense at all of frankincense. The best before date is May 2020, and the package was well wrapped, so it is highly doubtful if the aromatic oils or solvent has evaporated. I suspect that they forgot to dip this batch.

Date: Sept 2017    Score: 10


As I was listing this incense on  Top of the Dhoops! Best Rated Incense I saw that I had listed Maroma Incense of Auroville Frankincense also as a 10 (a sort of average of the two scores I had given it). I just read my review of that incense, which is made by the same folks at Auroville, and I was struck by the similarities in my experiences. I may still have some of the Maroma incense around. If so, I'll compare them. It may be that they are the same, and this is not a mistake, but is what they intended.

***

One Aromatics

Frankincense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: