Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 12 July 2017

One Aromatics Vanilla




I quite like this, but then I like most vanilla incense. There's nothing especially heavenly about this - it's a pretty standard everyday incense, but it works well enough for me. It's the sort of vanilla scent you get in those cheap packs, like SifCon International do, or are given away free with incense burners, so I wouldn't recommend going out and buying it from One Aromatics, but it is pleasant, and I will be putting this in my decent everyday incense box.

I may create a page just for vanilla incense, because I do like it. It works. It's clean, pleasant, quite sweet and yummy. Nice one.

Date: July 2017  Score: 33




I like this. It's very likeable. There's some heat and sharpness that I don't like, and associate with everyday perfume-dipped incense, but the main vanilla scent is very beguiling. The company claim their sticks are "hand made according to the traditional method", though they are perfume-dipped. Generally the understanding of  "hand made according to the traditional method" is masala incense, but it seems One Aromatics have a different view. I am very accepting of perfume-dipped incense - indeed, it is only a perfume-dipped incense that could produce a vanilla scented incense - masala incense works in a more narrow spectrum; and I have come to terms with the promotional (read as "wanders from the truth") blurbs of Indian incense companies; but I still feel a little uncomfortable when anyone is being a little deceptive, especially a company that is promoting itself as cool and right-on.  I accept that it may well be "free from synthetics or animal substances", as not all perfume-dipped incense uses chemical substitutes, as many will use essential oils which are all natural. This incense uses "Vanilla essence from the pods ,combined with oil from the sandalwood", and this will "produce a fragrance that is wonderfully calming, consoling, and soothing. A great relief in tense or stressful situations." Yeah. I like it. I like vanilla incense.

Date: May 2018  Score: 35
***

One Aromatics


8 comments:

  1. Hi just wondering if you ever did a post for vanilla incense that I'm not seeimg? Vanilla is my all time favorite and that's what's drove my incense obsession is trying to find the perfect vanilla incense that doesn't smoke fake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will collect together the vanilla reviews and post that either today or the next few days. I agree with you that vanilla makes an attractive incense. Most of those I have come across have been part of sets, or are not from the best quality manufacturers. I'll take a rummage in my (rather huge) unreviewed boxes to see what vanilla I've got, and if I do have some, I'll do a review on those I find in the next few days.

      Give me a nudge if I don't get around to doing it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I have been eyeing these because they are masala and good price.

    https://www.amazon.com/Ayurvedic-Vanilla-Masala-Incense-Agarbatti/dp/B078FYZ3CX

    I am in the US so that is uS amazon. But the best vanilla I've tried so far is triloka vanilla spice it is the only one that doesn't smell chemically and fake and is quite delicious most of theirs are. And vanilla copal Amber by prabhujis gifts has a good vanilla too but pricey since I can't find in stores. That ones probably my favorite (not sure if they ship to the U.K.)

    https://prabhujisgifts.com/products/yamuna-incense-sticks-vanilla-copal-and-amber

    Also if you have tried any more bakhoor I'm interested in hearing about how different ones smell. So please keep posted on that too if possible thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do intend to do some bakhoor this weekend -but then again, I've been intending to do some for a little while now.... ;-)

    I found the HEM Vanilla in a box with a set of other HEM cones I must have got as a job lot. We use cones as an everyday air freshener in the bathroom, and we'll get through several every day and our cone dish is running low, so I'm going to focus first on reviewing the HEM cones so I can then replenish our bathroom cone dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did a search for masala vanilla incense and found some in the UK and was sorely tempted, but I really need to reduce the backlog I already have before adding anything more to it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great I am really interested in trying out Bakhoor. I'm so excited but most anything I can find a rerun has mentioned Rose which I'm not a fan of. But most anything I can find a rerun has mentioned rose which I'm not a fan of. No rush at all. But I will definitely be looking forward to those reviews!

    I have tried the him incense sticks and they do have a good smell just not very natural...I've just been trying to go as natural as possible since I have babies in the house but still love my incense. I do love the idea of burning cones in the bathroom that's awesome! I may utilize that idea too lol

    OK once you do reduce your backlog and given to the Temptation I am all ears! lol I will never get tired of finding yummy sweet scents so be sure to share what you think.

    thanks again for taking the time to reply to me and doing this blog in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. i'm jealous of how much i'm jealous of how much better UK incense companies seem to be ones that I can get but of course the shipping would be high for me but of course the shipping would be hard for me . Companies like pure incense and jivada that are U.K. Based and a tad pricey but have great reviews on

    https://olfactoryrescueservice.wordpress.com

    The only one in the US they raved about on there is Fred sole The only one in the US they raved about on there is Fred solls resin on a stick which is very pricey for me even being in the US.

    Also I saw your fan of nag champa as I am too and guess what?! The satya brand makes a vanilla! I'm assuming masala like all the other ones are if I give in and order it I will let you know how it is

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: