Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Friday 21 July 2017

SAC (Sandesh) Lavender




I've been burning a bunch of the incense I've imported for sale on my new shop on eBay, IncenseInTheWind, and I just wanted to get a perspective on some other incense, so opened my drawer and pulled out the first thing I touched, which is this basic everyday stuff from SAC. Quite why it was in my top drawer I have no idea, but there it was, and now here am I burning it. Well, it's not very good, and is helping to convince me that the incense I have imported - Aasha Aromatics - is as decent as I think it is. 

SAC are an everyday perfumed incense producer so can make decent stuff, but this is crude. Just a thin smear of fragrant paste, which burns too hot and too quickly, and produces off flavours of the cheap core materials.  This is quite possibly the same packet I reviewed last year, and it's likely that the more pleasant fragrances have evaporated in that time. In which case I'll simply  - to be fair - keep the same score. But if I were to score as if it were fresh, then this would be down in the toilet cleaner department.


Dater: Oct 2018    Score: 25



This is a decent enough everyday incense. There's the sense of lavender about this, and the sense is not offensive. It informs the room, but doesn't dominate. It's not smoky. There's a slight suggestion of something mildly sharp or balsamic, and a hint of musk and sandalwood. It's OK. Nothing special, but it'll do as a background room freshener at any time of the day.  I reviewed the SAC Lavender cones in March,  and put them at the bottom end of the everyday incense. I feel these sticks are just a tad better than that.

Date: July 2017  Score: 25
***
SAC (Sandesh)

Best of Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: