Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 28 August 2017

Happy Hari Oudh Masala




Gosh I like this. Proper job masala, and a profound aroma of agarwood straight out of the packet. Burns evenly and beautifully. Gosh I like this. Sweet and yummy. Proper dreamy. This is going straight into my Top Ten, and I'm going to find out who has supplies of this left, and buy up a job lot. This is a gentle and clever blend of agarwood and halmaddi that works subtly on the senses. Nothing is aggressive or hot. The halmaddi lifts, deepens and sharpens the dreamy agarwood, producing a relaxing yet intoxicating and uplifting aroma.

Dark delicious dripping honey and soft luscious creamy wood. I have always liked agarwood scents, but this is the most natural and authentic I have yet experienced, and gives me some sense of why it has been regarded for hundreds of years as THE incense. Japanese incense making started when the Japanese court discovered a log of agarwood. Indian incense (agar) is named after this wood. Persian incense (oud or oudh) starts with this. All the major incense cultures appear to begin with the discovery of this very special scent. This feels close to the real thing. This feels close to heaven.

I wish Paul were alive so I could share with him my enthusiasm for his Oudh Masala.


Date: Aug 2017   Score: 48

***

Happy Hari Incense




4 comments:

  1. It is one of the best Nags I have tried. Perhaps, THE BEST.
    Still some out there and can be found via the net. Just have to search hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, supplies are still around. Corey Topel of Absolute Bliss has Paul (Happy Hari)'s original supplier, so he's worth checking out if you're in the US:

    www.absoluteblissincense.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked, and he's out of stock at the moment:

      https://www.absoluteblissincense.com/happy-haris-incense.html

      Delete
  3. I have to confess that I have been buying up stocks, but some are still available here:

    https://upinsmoke.org.uk/Happy-Hari-Incense-Oudh-Masala.html

    and here

    https://foodforconsciousness.co.uk/product/happy-hari-incense-oudh-masala-8-sticks/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: