Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 4 September 2017

Darshan Patchouli cones



Second review - scroll down for earlier

I got sent a box of these as a substitute in an order. Ingredients seem to have changed to sawdust. Burns in a smoky, hot manner with more of the sawdust than the scent. The scent on the cone before burning is pine toilet cleaner. Not impressed. Score dropped, and the box is consigned to the toilet.

Date: July 2018   Score: 15


   
First review


Bought from Closet Krishna, a charity shop in Rochester, when we were back there visiting friends for a few days. There is a video about the shop on YouTube. There were some incenses around the counter, so I bought a few, including this box of Darshan cones. The box must have been a donation - the cones inside are a little damaged, and there's not many. A couple of other incense items I bought at the same time were also damaged, and the prices are not cheap - I paid £1.60 for these cones when they are normally only £1 (or less). But I wanted to support the shop. When I lived in Rochester I would buy my incense from Little Dorrit - I had intended to drop in, but we were very busy over the weekend catching up with friends, and also visiting the new micropubs!

Anyway. This is an acceptable charcoal based perfume-dipped incense cone. The aroma is pretty standard everyday quality - perhaps a little under average, as the charcoal is noticeable. Quite smoky (which I tend to like - I love watching smoke swirling, and I like cones for that reason, because you get more smoke, and so more swirls!)  As it gets nearer the base so the charcoal becomes even more noticeable.  The scent is faintly musky, though not really what I would call patchouli.

Date: April 2017  Score: 23

***
Darshan Incense

Patchouli
Score: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: