Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 2 September 2017

Tulasi Amber




When I lit this Tulasi Amber I was initially struck by how rough it was, and by how much I was smelling coal dust rather than amber - but then it settled for a moment, and I got the warm, musky aroma that I associate with and enjoy about amber. And then it shuttled back and forth for a bit - now charcoal, now amber.  This was a new, sealed pack, so the perfume shouldn't have evaporated, but here we are. One moment nice, next moment crude, and occasionally a little of both - merging coal dust with warm sensual musk. Hmmm.  When it's nice, it's very nice, but when it's crude, it's not welcome. After a while it settles down to being warm and seductive. The scent that Tulasi have created for this stick is one that I enjoy. Clearly there are some production issues because noting my previous comments from last year, I see I had a similar issue. However, for the flaws, this is a scent that I like, and would be OK about burning again. I'm keeping it in my Decent collection of incense I would happily burn again (though not necessarily buy again), but moving it down a couple of points because of the occasional coal dust scent.

Date: June 2018   Score: 30



I really like this - a warm, seductive enveloping amber scent. Amber is a scent that is commonly used in incense, so it is one of those scents that we are familiar with, but is not essentially natural.

As most amber fragrance is essentially a reproduction, it seems to work effectively as a perfume-dipped scent - certainly I find this one attractive enough. As it starts there's a whiff of charcoal, but once it settles, the scent feels light, sweet, warm, and natural. This really works well as a decent everyday scent.  Makes a change from some of the other Tulasi scents I've burnt recently!

Date: Sept 2017  Score: 32

***

More Tulasi reviews


Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: