Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Saturday 30 December 2017

Hari Om Fragrance




The Hari Om Fragrance company was brought to my attention by one of my UK readers, who said he'd had one of their masala incense sticks and it was very strong and very enjoyable. I had a look around, but Hari Om scents are not currently sold in the UK, so I got in touch with the company in Bangalore, who sent me a bunch for review. It was the masala sticks I was mainly interested in, but I ended up being quite impressed with some of their perfume dipped sticks as well.

The company was founded in 1990. They seem to be a decent representative of the everyday Indian incense market, as they carry a wide range of scents and types of incense, including masala and perfume-dipped, mainly aimed at the domestic market. They are, essentially, typical of domestic Indian incense. They copy existing popular brands such as Moksh, Sugandha Swarna, and Sri Sai Flora, but also have their own brands which are well established, such as Sai Bhajan, and some scents which appear to be original and quite divine, such as Hari Om Tez.

The quality of packaging is good, and the incenses, be they perfume-dipped or masala, are also all of a decent standard. I may not have liked all the scents, but they were all highly fragranced, long burning, and of a consistently decent standard. There is something for everyone in the range they offer, and appear to be excellent value for money.  I'm perhaps a little biased toward the company as, though I have to thank Clive Gilbert for drawing them to my attention, I've largely discovered and explored them myself. However, I do think Hari Om is an incense company that deserves to be better known in the West, and would do well in any incense shop. Contact details are on their website: here. [2023: The company website is down - contact details may be found on IndiaMart: Indiamart.com/hari-om-fragrance


Reviews
M=Masala  P=Perfume-dipped
(Scores from older reviews are in brackets)

* = Score over five years old, so may not be reliable


Hari Om Ganesh Arti Dhoop Bathi (M)
Oct 2021 - Score: 
40 


Dec 2023 - Score: 38


Hari Om Divine Incense Lavender (P)
July 2018 - Score: 38* 
(38)

Hari Om Vishwa Sai (Fluxo Incense) (M)
Sept 2017 - Score: 35*

July 2018 - Score: 35*  (31)

  
July 2018 - Score: 35*


Hari Om  Fluxo Incense (M)
Sept 2017 - Score: 34*


Hari Om Bhakti (M)
April 2019 - Score: 33


July 2018 - Score: 31* (29)


Hari Om Loban Incense Sambrani (P)
July 2018 - Score: 30* 
(35)


Hari Om Divine Incense Rajanigandha (P)
July 2018 - Score: 30* (36)

  
Hari Om The Club (P)
August 2018 - Score: 30* 


Hari Om Divine Incense Butmogra (P)
Oct 2023 - Score: 29↓  (32)


Hari Om 12/- Mangala Jyothi 3 in 1 Flora Sticks (M)
May 2023 - Score: 27 (32) (28)


Dec 2023 - Score: 27↓ 


Oct 2018 - Score: 23* (30) (20)


Hari Om Sugandha Mala (P)
Nov 2023 - Score: 21↓


 July 2018 - Score: 20*  (25)


Hari Om Divine Incense Champa (P)
July 2018 - Score: 19*


Hari Om Divine Incense Chandan (P)
Jan 2018 - Score: 17*


Scents reviewed: 20 (Reviews over five years old: 14) 
Highest score: 40
Lowest Score: 17 
Average top five: 37
Average score: 30
Overall score: 34 - Decent stuff 

***

The Best Incense Makers

4 comments:

  1. Hey Steve.
    Why doesn't Panchamukhi show up on this list? I just want to know if it is an error or of there are two different companies with similar names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! Thank you. I actually went through all my Hari Om reviews yesterday to update this page. I found a couple I had missed, but this one completely passed me by.

      I'm not sure what's happening with Hari Om as their website is down at the moment. I'll send them an email.

      Delete
  2. I'm in Bangalore at the moment. I've been in touch with them and might even go to visit their factory. Let me know if you need their contact number. I know many Indian businesses are notorious for not replying to email.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment: