Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Tangy Gifts Black Coconut




I bought this online from Head In The Clouds, a hippy shop in Norwich which has been going since 1971.  It looks just like the old head shops I used to visit in Portobello Road back in the day. Tangy Gifts are a trade supplier to hippy shops and dope shops. The sticks are the same as Zam Zam - it's just another trading name.

This is a darker, more sombre, and less appealing scent that most of the other foil wrapped incense I've been trying. It's kind of interesting, but is failing for me. There's a sort of damp mould combined with old paint smell from this. On the stick there is a sort of hairy coconut scent, combined with paint and turpentine. Hmmm. On the whole I'm not getting into this. It's not ugly or offensive - and there is something compelling and intriguing about the darker and less usual scents coming from this, but it's not for me.


Date: Jan 2018   Score: 22
***
Foil wrapped incense


Coconut incense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: