Incense In The Wind

Radiating Incense In The Wind - a painting by Hai Linh Le

Monday 1 January 2018

(Gokula) Gaura Goloka Supreme

Second review - scroll down for earlier


This is lovely stuff. Bright, sweet, fragrant, fresh, with a distinct strawberry fragrance. The stick is rich with oil, even though some years old now, and the masala paste is still moist and crumbly. 

 

 
The sticks are out of stock at Gokula, though these will still be made and on sale under a different name. I've just checked, and all the strawberry incense I've reviewed has been perfumed. There are a number of strawberry masala incense available. I'm tempted to buy some Vedic Vaani, as I've been curious about them for a while, and also because I suspect that they may be the source for this Goloka Supreme. But my legendary backlog needs hacking into before taking on any more incense! 

There's a good base of musk to support the playful, sweet strawberry and fruits, and I think it is that which keeps this incense grounded and appealing to me. And there's plenty going on to keep the interest, those all scents are in harmony. This is a very attractive stick, and I'd like to get some more. 


Date: Feb 2024   Score:  45




First review


Oh my - this is loaded with fruit. This is a rich, sweet, dreamy sort of smell, just dripping with red berry juice. There's flowers, and fruits, strawberries, raspberries, honey, fresh leather, etc. This is a gorgeous dreamy scent that is alive with life and colour. It's creamy like ice-cream. Strawberries and cream. Also, apple pie and cinnamon.  A lot of scents that are familiar, yet just out of reach. But all of them quite delightful.


Date: Jan 2018   Score: 43
***

Gokula-incense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: